Here is this weeks Worship Service
For all past worship services please check out our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRO0r1V15VqHkvcrDpE2iUg?view_as=subscriber
Online Worship Services:
Daily Compline Evening Prayer (Virtual) 9:00p.m.
Sundays Worship (YouTube/Above) 10:00a.m.
Sundays Coffee Hour (Virtual) 11a.m.
Meeting ID: 934 0185 2049 Password: 033546 Dial: +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
**You can also use your computer or mobile device for audio connection.**
Other Calendar Events:
Sun. Aug. 2 Blessing of Pets (pictures needed) During Worship
Helping others with a Blessing Bag: Pat and Wink continue to collect and deliver “Blessing Bag” necessity packages to the homeless population in Wooster. If anyone would like to contribute to this outreach, there will be a box in the church basement, on the table near the side basement door where you can place any donations. Thank you in advance for sharing any of the suggested items: socks, small soaps and shampoo, deodorant, razors, chapstick, small sunblock, feminine products, wet wipes, bandages, nail clippers, single serving meats (tuna) and snacks (like raisins, granola bars, trail mix, nuts and crackers).
Council has decided to use the CDC guidelines to wait for four weeks of declining new cases of COVID-19 in Ohio before in-person worship. This last week we have an all-time high of cases in Ohio since the pandemic began.
Pastor Angel is sharing online worship using YouTube/Facebook and the St. John Wesbite. Offerings may be submitted via online or mailed to the church, using the address: St. John Lutheran Church, 46 Co. Rd. 2575, Lakeville, 44638.
AED Fundraiser! Many thanks to those who contributed to the AED Fundraiser, contributing over $7,700.00 and donations are still coming in. At least five AED’s will be purchased and distributed to locations who have requested them.
WELCA LWR Kits: St. John WELCA will be collecting kits for the Lutheran World Relief (LWR) ministry again this year. This ministry includes kits for school, personal care and fabric kits. Kits can be placed on the table in the Narthex anytime now until Sunday, September 27th. Kit information is below and if multiple families want to work on fulfilling a kit(s) together, please team up. If you have any questions, call Ruth Mosher at 330-317-6255.
· Four (4) 70 Sheet Notebook (wide or college rule). No loose paper.
· One (1) 30-centimeter ruler OR Ruler with both inches and centimeters
· One (1) Pencil Sharpener
· One (1) Blunt pair of scissors
· Five (5) unsharpened #2 Pencils with eraser, secure with rubber band
· Five (5) Ballpoint Pens (no Gel ink), secure with rubber band
· One (1) box of Crayons, 16 or 24 count
· One (1) 1 ½” Eraser
*Bags will be provided for these items
· Two (2) pieces of cotton or cotton blend fabric (no knits or polyester). (2 1/3 yds of 60”; 3 yds. Of 44”; or 4 yds of 36”).
· Two (2) spools of matching or neutral color General Purpose Thread (250-300 yds)
*Fold the thread and one piece of fabric inside the second fabric. Tie with a sturdy string or strip of fabric.
· One (1) light or medium weight bath towel, dark color
· Two (2) bath-sized bars of soap (4-5oz) in original wrappers
· One (1) Adult size toothbrush in original wrapper
· One (1) Sturdy comb, remove packaging
· One (1) Metal Nail Clippers, remove packaging
*Wrap all items in the bath towel and tie securely with ribbon or yarn.
Food Pantry needs: Remember those in need and deliver directly to a Pantry of your choice.
Loudonville Food Pantry needs: Helping Hands is open however they are not accepting donations at this time.
Lakeville Food Pantry needs: Kleenex, canned fruit, salt, jelly.
St. John VBS has been canceled for this year.