About us

  • Providing a space to gather
  • Contributing to Lakeville and Loudonville food pantries
  • Support to Veterans in partnership with Shreve American Legion and others
  • Operation AED, providing automated external defibrillators
  • McZena 4th of July Parade and Picnic
  • Family in Need Fund
  • Community Lenten and Thanksgiving services with ecumenical partners
  • Vacation Bible School

The first building where the people of St. John held worship was a log church built in 1830 on the site of St. John Cemetery. A frame church was erected on the cemetery site in 1861.

In 1903 a new, larger structure was built on the current site. On May 17, 1956, the church building was stuck by lightning and destroyed by the subsequent fire.The congregation broke ground for the current building on April 14th, 1957.

Few structural changes have been made since then, though the building has been made more handicap accessible and been well maintained.